Hello Eat Your Green-ers,
Hope everyone is coping ok with the fairly gloomy Eeyore weather. Fortunately 4 year olds and dogs don’t seem too bothered (if you’re wondering what the boxes are doing on flower bed – they are strategically positioned to stop the 4 legged one from trampling on it when she’s saying a rather excited hello to the cat next door).
To try to manage our rather long waiting list, we’ve added a whole new round into the mix – just to keep us on our toes! So we now have a new round on a Monday, in addition to our rounds on a Wednesday and Thursday. As customers come and go (hopefully not too many of those..), we may find we have to move the odd box to make sure each round is as efficient as it can be. We’ll try to avoid moving the same customer multiple times and aim to keep things as consistent as we can, but if you do get an email from us saying your delivery day is changing hopefully you’ll understand why.
Let us know if you’d like any extras next week. We’ll invoice you separately for these bits, so if you have something extra from us and no invoice please just give us a nudge! If you can avoid paying by Paypal for small amounts that’s really helpful as we get charged.
- Red fox carlin peas (organic, British)* – 500g @ £1.40
- Strong wholemeal flour (organic, British) – 1.5kg @ £3.80
- Green lentils (organic, British) – 500g @ £3.40
- Penne pasta (organic) – 500g @ £1.60
Lemons: if you are one of our regular twice a month lemon customers, can you please let me know how you’re finding the quantities – are you getting through them ok in the 2 weeks or are you stock-piling? (by the way – apparently they keep best in plastic in the fridge)
*One of our lovely customers planted some of her red fox carlin peas earlier in the year and they’ve grown brilliantly with lovely pink flowers!
What’s been happening this week at EYG?
Setting up the new round and new customers – lots of admin. Weeding, of course. Planting more lettuces.
A few ways we/you’ve used your veg this week:
Beet top wrapped chicken stuffed with carrot top pesto, Saute of beet stalks, spring onions, beet leaves, cucumber and lemon juice, Cod parcels with onion, courgette, muscovado sugar and lemon juice, Mixed grains with mushrooms, all the left over veg and carrot pesto. Keep sending us your kitchen concoctions as it might inspire others!
A couple of recipe ideas…
1) Caponata: Recipe here. I’ve not tried this but looks interesting, and although this recipe is for 6-8 people it would be easy to just reduce the amounts a bit to fit with what’s in the box.
2) Beetroot and courgette burgers: Recipe here. I’ve not tried this one either! Am not a vegetarian but they could be worth a try (that’s if we can past these beetroot and chocolate muffins….they are so easy)
As always, if you’re stuck as to what to do with anything please let me know and I’ll try to give you some ideas.